“In behalf of" means “for the benefit of” or “in the interest of":
- We raised money in behalf of the hurricane victims.
- He donated a kidney in behalf of his sister.
- Famous singers joined together to make a record in behalf of African famine relief.
“On behalf of" means “in place of” or “as the agent of":
- An agent answered questions on behalf of the superstar athlete.
- I will attend the funeral on behalf of my family.
- A guardian signed the contract on behalf of the child actress.
This post was made in behalf of learning.